Soaps and detergents keep your family healthy and safe
Soaps and Detergents encompass laundry detergents, dishwashing liquids and personal cleansers. Medical science has long confirmed the important relationship between cleanliness and health. The regular use of soaps and detergents is fundamental to the health of our society and the well-being of its people. These products help prevent contagious diseases, improve the endurance of the things we use them on, and make our environments more pleasant.
Soaps and Detergents
- Information about the chemistry, history, safety, environmental impacts, products and ingredients, and manufacture of soaps and detergents
- Smart Workplace Hygiene
- Learn about terms for cleaning products
- Against Disease: The Impact of Hygiene and Cleanliness on Health
- ACIScience.org – a publicly available repository of outcomes from research and technical programs of the American Cleaning Institute (USA)
- Sorting it Out
- Figure out those symbols on the inside of your clothes – Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s Guide to New Apparel and Textile Care Symbols
- Safe Cleaning Cheat Sheet – Soil and Stain Removers
- Safe Cleaning Cheat Sheet – Laundry Detergents
- Grocery Health? It’s in the Bag!
- Big Impacts of Smaller Packages
- High Efficiency Washers and Detergents: Working in Harmony to Save Energy and Water
- Liquid Laundry Detergent Packets: Safety Advice for Parents and Caregivers
- Canadian Consumer Specialty Products Association Voluntary Guidance for Labelling and Packaging of Liquid Laundry Detergent Packets
The Soap and Detergent Association of Canada (SDAC) represents the interests of member companies who produce and/or distribute laundry detergent and laundry aids, automatic and hand dishwashing detergents, fabric conditioners, specialty cleaners and disinfectants, and bar and liquid soaps for personal cleansing.